Afraid of brushing your hair in a crowded powder room due to the threat of hair fall? Tired of your dull and brittle hair? Get healthy looking hair with these 5 awesome tips.
- Say no to damaging hair treatments – Beauty comes at a price and it’s not cheap, and damaged hair can pile up the bills. If your hair is damaged, the best treatment is to stop treatment altogether. Take a break from dyeing, bleaching, perming and chemical straightening as these methods can further damage hair.
If you’re really into dyeing, give your hair some time to recover before undergoing another treatment. Styling your hair can also be done without using heat. Try using grandma’s good old-fashioned hair rollers overnight, sans the heat and hairspray.
- Be gentle with your hair – Handle your hair with care. Gently massage your scalp when applying shampoo and conditioner. Avoid scrubbing your hair. Comb your hair before washing to avoid pulling tangled hair while applying hair products. Don’t wring your hair. Squeeze out water gently, pat with dry towel and air dry. Avoid using brush with plastic bristles.
- Go easy on shampoo – Dry hair happens when the natural oils produced in the scalp fail to nourish the hair. Go easy on shampooing and give your hair a chance to feed on those nutritious oils. There’s a reason why shampoo should not be used every day.
Try the no-shampoo routine for 30 days. Use baking soda or apple cider vinegar as a natural alternative.
- Condition your hair – Cut back on shampoo but don’t forget to use hair conditioners once a week. Better if you use natural products such as jojoba oil or coconut oil. Apply these on your scalp before washing your hair. You can also try mixing your own masks from ingredients found in your fridge like honey, eggs or milk.
- Eat healthy for your hair – Remember, healthier looking hair should not only be skin deep. Nourish hair from the inside out. Grab a healthy bite, drink lots of water and eat foods rich in omega-3. A well-nourished body will help get you a healthy looking hair in no time.
It’s time to ditch that “messy hair, don’t care” mantra and start showing off a sleek and glorious crown. Let your hair be the crown to a healthy body.