When a man starts to go bald, he experiences two things—gradual hair fall and low level of self-esteem. Many causes of Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) occur due to changes in genetic structure as a person ages. At the same time, this baldness can occur in a person due to high levels of stress, poor eating habits, diseases and so on. Therefore, before you even decide to pick a baldness treatment you think might do the trick, it’s important to check in with a physician first. At least this would allow him or her to examine and finally establish the actual cause of your imminent hair loss.
Aside from that, here are more handy tips you might want to reconsider for reversing and treating hair loss:
- Be aware of the real cause of baldness first. Some health conditions and diseases can do damage to your scalp, causing your hair fall which might not be as a result of male pattern baldness. When you find a batch of hair falling as you comb it through, visit your doctor to determine the actual cause of the hair loss. After a few analyses, the doctor will find the problem behind your hair loss. He or she may also recommend you a prescription and healthy diet to treat the condition.
- Switch shampoos to stop baldness. Dozens of shampoos suggest they can make hair look fuller and thicker, but many of them don’t fulfill what they preach. The only class of shampoos that seem to yield stunning results are those found with Ketoconazole—an antifungal used against the spread of dandruff. It works by lowering the production of testosterone (DHT) levels in hair follicles, resulting in a significant reduction in hair shed. Switch your shampoo formula with that with Ketoconazole ingredients in it to experience extraordinary results. You may also want to take daily hair supplements rich in folic acid, biotin, and iron to keep hair strong and healthy for longer.
- Eat healthily. Nutritional imbalances are frequently reported as the top factors for hair loss. Sticking to a healthy diet and a few body exercises can do wonders that can make your hair glow and shine over the long haul. Make sure your diet has a combination of proteins, starch, fats, vitamins, and minerals to protect and restore the overall health of your hair. Also drink plenty of water every day to keep your body hydrated, and keep your skin and hair healthy.
- Ask your doctor whether you should take finasteride. Finasteride is an oral prescription pill, frequently used in the treatment of male pattern baldness. It’s deemed very effective than Minoxidil hair loss treatment, and Finasteride works by producing an enzyme which regulates dihydrotestosterone (DHT, believed to be the main culprit behind hair loss). This causes the speed of hair loss to slow down dramatically as long as you don’t discontinue using the drug. Soon as you stop therapy, the hair loss will eventually recur within a year. Also, check in with your doctor in case you experience distressing symptoms from the drug that may require urgent attention.
- And finally, get a hair transplant. Although most hair transplants are deemed expensive, they garner effective and permanent results all the time. Only a few tiny patches of hair are moved from one place to another area of the scalp to cover the balding area. This procedure only lasts a few hours for you to return to your daily schedule. Moreover, many people are taking the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) route for its maximum benefits, try it to see whether it will suit you as well. Nevertheless, hair transplants may cause scarring and bleeding in some patients, so it’s important to seek treatment from a highly experienced surgeon to minimize potential injuries.
Male Pattern Baldness, also known as androgenic alopecia, is deemed being a major factor responsible for the majority of men’s hair loss around the world. Many dermatologists classify this as a normal part of aging, hence there should be no cause for alarm. On the other hand, there are some effective ways in which you can employ to stop and treat your disturbing hair loss. Follow the cool tips shared in this guide to prevent hair loss and restore lost hair back to its former glory.