Before anything else, you have to understand that there is no shortcut to regrowing your hair. No matter what method you use, it takes time to see any significant results. The pace in which you get fuller and thicker hair depends on several factors like genetics, the extent of the hair fall, and if you’re suffering from an illness that’s causing the problem. Below are some strategies that can substantially help you in reinvigorating the growth of your hair.
- Get a regular head and scalp massage. There’s a common misconception that head and scalp massages aren’t good for the hair. The truth is that massage is actually very beneficial to the hair because it improves blood circulation in the scalp. Good blood circulation leads to a healthier scalp. A healthier scalp leads to healthier hair. For best results, try using natural oils like coconut oil or olive oil for the massage.
- Use a conditioner when you shampoo. Regular shampooing can lead to the thinning of the hair. A conditioner helps in preventing this from happening by replacing the proteins and lipids inside the hair shafts. The conditioner also assists in sealing the hair cuticles to prevent further damage. As much as possible, you should go with conditioners that are of the same brand as the shampoo that you use.
- Try oil mask treatments. This is a procedure that helps in keeping the hair smooth and conditioned. It also helps in preventing the hair from drying out. One of the most used hair mask today is coconut oil. It’s raw and natural so it’s very beneficial to the hair and scalp. Masking is usually done before taking a bath.
- Take mineral and vitamin supplements. It’s no secret that certain minerals and vitamins help hair growth. These include vitamin C, biotin, niacin, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin D, iron, magnesium, zinc, and protein. Aside from taking supplements that contain these elements, you should also pursue a daily diet that’s rich in the just-mentioned vitamins.
- Wash your hair with aloe vera extracts. There’s a reason why aloe vera is a very common ingredient in hair care products. It contains elements that help reduce dandruff and restore the hair’s natural sheen. You can also combine aloe vera with other items like coconut oil and castor oil.
In conclusion, promoting hair growth is a combination of persistence and using the right methods. To further ensure that you are doing the right thing, make it a point to regularly consult a hair expert. The expert should be able to identify which methods will work best on your hair.