How to Stop Hair Loss and Promote Hair Growth in 6 Ways
Hair loss, spot baldness, receding hairline, hair thinning, and hair damage are some growing concerns for many men and women nowadays. As hair loss can be attributed to heredity, stress, medications, and ageing, to name a few factors, experiencing them are most of the time alarming and disconcerting.
Suggested below are some ways to promote hair growth and flake out hair loss and thus boost one’s confidence:
- Go natural. Pick natural hair treatments and products in treating damaged, lifeless, or dull hair. Go for herbal-based products as they not only replenish the lost nutrients, they also contain ingredients that are safe to use and curb further damage. Moreover, these natural products are generally cheap and easy to find.
- Take Hair Vitamins. Another way to consider on how to stop hair loss is by taking the necessary vitamins and minerals to promote healthy and lustrous hair, such as Vitamins C, E, A, biotin, niacin, and minerals like zinc and magnesium. These substances are largely found in fruits and vegetables as well as in dietary supplements.
- Hair loss medications. Rogaine (Minoxidil) and Propecia (Finasteride) are the only two drugs approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) in treating hair loss. Although they work on slowing down the thinning of hair, while simultaneously stimulating the follicles to promote growth, they should be used progressively; otherwise, hairs that had gradually grown will be again lost. Though Propecia and Rogaine are both clinically proven to be effective in restoring back hair, especially in the crown region of the scalp, both; however, are administered in different ways. While Propecia is a pill that must be taken orally once a day, Rogaine, on the other hand, is a liquid that should be directly applied on the scalp.
- Hair Replacement. For those who succumbed to massive hair loss, and would like to reclaim their crowning glory, one viable alternative preferred by many is the nonsurgical hair replacement option. When going for a hair replacement, it is crucial for the hair replacement consumer to examine the different vital issues before procuring a hair replacement system or a hairpiece.
- Hair Restoration or Hair Transplantation is a surgical procedure in restoring hair. This method makes use of relocating hair follicles from a certain part of the body labeled as the ‘donor site’ to the balding part of the body, e.g., the scalp, which is called the ‘recipient site’. Hair transplant is predominantly used to alleviate male pattern baldness.
- Hair Cloning. For people suffering from genetic hair loss or adrogenetic alopecia, hair cloning is one of the most advanced hair restoration procedures nowadays that one can avail of. The process involved in hair cloning include getting a specimen of the germinative hair follicle cells of the client, followed by multiplying of these cells in vitro, that is, outside of the client’s body, and then re-implanting them into the scalp for new and permanent hair.
Hair loss could be caused either by biological and environmental factors. While going for natural treatment is the most economical option, taking advantage of science and technology to treat this demoralizing and perplexing ordeal is extremely advantageous, as well if we look into permanence and endurance.