WHY DO ‘EYE’ CARE – How Do You Know When You Need an Eye Test by Professionals?
Eye care is an essential part of living a healthy lifestyle. Blindness, even if temporary, will often lead to health deterioration and loss of confidence. Everyone wants to maintain good eyesight for the long term. If you want to preserve your 20/20 vision, then regular eye examination should be part of your health regimen.
Children also develop vision impairment, and if not immediately treated, it could lead to severe eye problems in the future. Sometimes poor performance in school may be attributed to poor eyesight. According to an official government report*, Singaporean kids have vision problems that are 3–4 times the world average.
With such alarming statistics, wouldn’t you feel safer to schedule an eye test in Singapore soon and save on health care costs too?
How Do You Know When You Need an Eye Test by Professionals?
Just as physical examination is necessary for health monitoring purposes, an eye examination is equally important for eyesight protection. Here are the common signs you need to watch out for.
- Blurred, dim, hazy or double vision
- Recurring pain in or around your eyes
- Unexplained, even painful, sensitivity to light or glare
- Sudden and severe eye pain
- Swollen, red eyes with no indicated cause or reaction to any foreign objects
- Changes in the color of your iris
- White areas in the pupil of your eyes
- Itching, burning, or a thick discharge in the eyes
- Sudden flashes of rainbow colors, persistent floating spots, and appearance of halos around lights
- Any sudden change in vision
Takes note that some eye conditions or diseases are hereditary in nature or passed on from a family generation. However, prevention is always better than cure. If gym trainers have workout regimens, eye specialists have treatment plans for the eyes too. They can determine the extent of your eye problems and recommend appropriate solutions. Why wait when you can save your vision early on? Your eye problem may not be serious after all.